Saturday, May 22, 2010

Old Recipes--New Ideas. I Hope.

Just brought in a couple of boxes of old recipe books, pamphlets and simple flyers. Right now, they smell like the basement, barn or garage they came out of...








Hope the cake (I mean salad) recipes I plan to try make the kitchen smell a lot better!

Every time I look through recipes books like these I want to grab a ruffled apron to match. Something from the 40's or 50's...embroidered--maybe some rick-rack (who uses that anymore!).

Check out these tidbits.....

I Think they might have these recipes "switched-at-birth". Wouldn't you rather have your hops in a glass three times a day? Kind of an interesting little juicy-juice drink mix for the youngsters. Why do the kids get all the good stuff anyway?

Hey, she's got my apron on.

.....have you noticed editing my script is definitely laggin'? Do you think there might be a recipe I could drink out of a wine glass to fix that little glitch? :-)

1 comment:

  1. do you have a reylolds wrap pamphlet that includes a chocolate smack cake an stuffed cherry tomatoes? I lost mine and really miss those recipes. It was from an entertaining pamphlet i think, and it is at least 20 years old.

    ReplyDelete